Skip to main content

Thank you for rejoicing with us in Our Moments Together

Billy, in his anniversary post in Facebook yesterday said, "Now I know what it is to grow old together with someone!" Well, that inspired me to write this. 

This is another late post. Hmmm... not so late though... it's only a day after our 27th anniversary. As usual, I planned to make this two weeks ago but giving priority to caregiving and household duties, especially in the absence of our Manang who has been sick for almost three weeks, has taken its toll once again. 

The weekend routine--- late breakfast, preparing and giving nasogastric tube feeding to my 90-year old father, bathing, bringing out the trash bags for the garbage truck to pick up, folding clothes after laundry, preparing for another batch of clothes to wash... Oh, thanks, dear hubby, for attending to the doggies morning and evening, everytime you're home! For helping me with the dishes when my legs seem to crumble and my eyelids are ready to drop at night. Thank you for sweeping away the dust and dirt off the floors. Thank you for ironing your own clothes after I have washed and folded them. I can't thank you enough for all these and more.

I reviewed my files a few days ago for some recent photos to post in time for our anniversary. To no avail. I was distracted by other more pressing things. Now, let me take a few-minute break to put my thoughts together. Call it 'me-time'. I need to post this today. It's now or never. 

Here they are--- our hubby-wifey photo ops!


Our eldest daughter, Ayana Grace, posted this photo early in the morning yesterday in Facebook to greet us. This was taken July last year during a family day's out at the Art in Island, a 3D Trick Art Museum in Cubao, Quezon City. 

At the Yap-San Diego Ancestral Heritage House
In 2014, Billy used to hold off-campus graduate classes in Mathematics at the University of the Philippines Cebu City. On two occasions, I had a rare opportunity of taking time off my household chores to relax and unwind out of town. While he was conducting his classes, I got to visit some places. The photo above is our reflection in the mirror taken by the caretaker of the Yap-San Diego Ancestral House, one of the oldest houses located in Parian, Cebu City.

The next group of photos was taken during our family's vacation in Hong Kong last year 2015. Read my post about our escapades here.
Lingering to relax at the Statue Square, Central
            At Po Lin Monastery with
   the Big Buddah at the background          

                                   
At the Big (Tian Tan) Buddah, Ngong Ping, Lantau Island

Taking a rest after a long walk around Disneyland
Taken on Mother's Day this year, our whole family experienced how it feels to be serenaded by gondoliers during a promo gondola ride. Of course, we grabbed the Mother's Day Gondola Ride Treat promo that offered one free ride for a mom accompanied by three paying persons. A splurge, you may think, it is, uhmmmm.... at P500 per person, but it was a unanimous decision by four. No regrets because the 20-minute ride was worth all the fun. 
At Venice Piazza, McKinley Hill, Taguig
Last night, we had a quiet and simple celebration of our 27th year together. We strolled to the Backyard Food Park a few blocks from our house and shared this black bun burger with fries and a pitcher of green tea lemonade. 


Yum, yum, yum!

Today I posted this in Facebook and Instagram to thank friends and loved ones who expressed their greetings either by liking or commenting on the posts of Billy and Ayana yesterday.  
Selfies before and after dinner
Wahaha! Look at how my color theme perfectly matches the painting on the brick wall! Nice choice for the night eh? 

Thank you, once again, as the likes and anniversary greetings continue to pour in the comment boxes. We praise God for you all in rejoicing with us as we celebrate our simple joys together. 

Till my next post. I really hope it will be soooooonnnn! 

Comments

Most popular posts

Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta: A Remake

There's a saying that goes, "One is enough, two is too much..." Uh uhhh, not for this!!! I'm referring to the Spanish Sardines Pasta which was my welcome post this year. My daughter, Ayana Grace, bought a bottle of pesto from the grocery store last month (she usually does...we seldom run out of pesto sauce in our cupboard) and I just wasn't able to resist making another try of the Pesto Spanish Sardines Pasta so here it is... Ingredients: 2 tbsps reserved oil from bottled sardines 2 tbsps olive oil 1 tbsp minced garlic 1/4 cup diced tomato 1 cup flaked Spanish sardines 1/3 cup Pesto sauce 1/4 cup pitted black olives 1/4 cup button mushrooms 1/2 kilo pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions salt and pepper to taste Whole pieces of Spanish sardines (1 piece as topping per serving) Parsley for garnish   Steps: In a large saute pan, heat oil from sardines. Add olive oil as needed. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add diced

Ensaladang Mustasa

It's back to work today, after five days of rest, something I've been looking forward to. As if the  long Christmas holiday vacation was not enough :) Well, days just seem to fly so fast! Thanks to the additional non-working holidays brought about by the Pope's visit to my country, the Philippines. I had time to relax, stay at home, bond with family and yes, sort picture files in my computer. In between social networking, of course, I cooked for my family. With my husband home, there has to be fish and vegetables on the dining table. There was a bunch of mustasa (mustard) leaves left in the vegetable bin. What could be a better and perfect partner to fried fish than Ensaladang Mustasa (Mustard Salad)? Very simple and easy, here's how I did it. Ingredients: 1 bunch of mustasa leaves Rock salt 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced 1 small onion, sliced thinly 3 tbsps vinegar Iodized salt, ground pepper and sugar to taste Steps: 1. Cut mus

Ensaladang Alugbati (Malabar Spinach Salad)

This post appeared in my Facebook memories today. I'm glad it did! I featured this salad in my FB page a year ago.  Alugbati  (Malabar Spinach)  Salad (Ensaladang Alugbati). This came up when I received for the first time this bouquet of alugbati from Erik, my officemate. He shares with us fruits and veggies fresh from his garden.